I have had the opportunity to work with a number of wonderful students.
- Sumit Kumar Kar (co-advised with Nilay Argon and Serhan Ziya). 2019-
- Xuan Wang (2009 – 2014). Co-advised with Amarjit Budhiraja. First job after grad school: postdoctoral fellow in probability at Georgia Tech. Currently a data scientist at Data Bricks.
Dissertation title: Some Asymptotic Problems for Dynamical Random Graphs.
- James Wilson (2010 – 2015). Co-advised with Andrew Nobel. Currently an Assistant Professor at the University of San Francisco.
Dissertation title: Statistical Analysis of Relational Data: Mining and Modeling Complex Networks.
- John Palowitch (2012 – 2017) Co-advised with Andrew Nobel. Google, San Francisco.
Dissertation title: Testing-based Community Detection Methods for Complex Networks.
- Jimmy Jin (2012 – 2017) Co-advised with Andrew Nobel. Optimizely, San Francisco.
Dissertation title: Inhomogeneous Branching Processes: a Tale of two Networks.
- Suman Chakraborty (2013- 2018) co-advised with Andrew Nobel. Postdoctoral Scholar at University of Michigan Ann Arbor.
Dissertation title: Dense Graph Limits and Applications.
- Iain Carmichael (2014-2019) Co-advised with Steve Marron. NSF Postdoc with Daniela Witten (University of Washington, Seattle).
Dissertation title: Probabilistic and Geometric Approaches to the Analysis of Non-standard Data.
- Miheer Dewaskar(2017-2021) Co-advised with Amarjit Budhiraja and Andrew Nobel). Postdoc with David Dunson (Duke University).
Dissertation title: High-dimensional Problems in Statistics and Probability: Correlation Mining and Distributed Load Balancing.
- Mark (Tianshe) He (2017-2021) Co-advised with Andrew Nobel). Postdoc at Columbia University.
Dissertation title: Community Detection in Multimodal Networks.
- Aman Barot (2017-2022) Co-advised with Andrew Nobel, research supported in part by Marc Niethammer, Peter Mucha. Data Scientist.
Dissertation title: Techniques in Network Embedding and Gaussian Comparison for High-dimensional Statistics.
- Dhruv Patel (2019- 2023, co-advised with Vladas Pipiras). Data Scientist, IDA. Dissertation title: Community Dynamic Factor Models: Correlation Networks, Clustering Guarantees and Vector Autoregressions.
- Hui Shen (2019-2023, co-advised with Yufeng Liu). Postdoc with Prof. Eric Kolczyk (McGill University). Dissertation title: Consistency of Some Statistical Learning Techniques:Unsupervised Learning and Network Change Point.